Part-time Assistant Accountant/Bookkeeper for Tech That is Turning Heads
Help a fast-growing software startup make its magic multiply
What happens when an Emmy-winning war correspondent goes looking for a new challenge? He partners with a team of brilliant web media developers to transform the way content is extracted from recorded audio and video.
Wired magazine calls Trint “Amazing!”
Trint™ is the startup that blows manual transcription out of the water. Its browser-based platform converts any audio or video file to text in just minutes. Then Trint’s interactive editor marries audio to text, making it easy to search and polish transcripts to perfection. Hours of tedious labour are reduced to just minutes. Users can effortlessly make the content of their recordings searchable and shareable. And we have a lot more tricks up our sleeves!
After 21 months of intensive development Trint launched commercially in September 2016.
Our browser-based software has taken the media market by storm: early adopters include ESPN, Vice News, The Washington Post, Thomson Reuters and CNBC to name a few. Growth has been double digit and far ahead of projection. In May 2017 we closed a £2.4M funding round led by Hong Kong-based Horizon Labs. We also have backing from Google’s Digital News Initiative. At the Global Editors Network Summit in Vienna in June 2016 Trint won first prize in the Startups for News competition. In February 2018 Trint released a mobile app for iOS and the first version of its Enterprise platform.
Who are we?
We’re proactive, supportive and positive. We are excited by challenge, We believe in innovation. We don’t believe in blame. We are growing fast: a year ago we were 10, now we are 25… and still hiring.
Who are you?
You are a part-qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/AAT) with Intermediate level MS Excel. You have had exposure to end-to-end finance processes. You are rigorous about getting things right. You enjoy collaborating and you are eager to learn.
- Weekly reconciliation of bank accounts, control accounts and chasing missing invoices
- Payment processing, credit control and revenue reconciliation
- Preparation of VAT returns for companies trading within EU (reverse charge)
- Processing Intrastat statements and EC Sales
- Bookkeeping and journal management (within Xero) to support financial records
- Preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of the month-end management accounts reconciliations
- Assisting in the forecasting and budgeting process
- Ad hoc duties as required
If you’re self-motivated and excited by innovation, this is a company that offers you an opportunity to lead, learn, grow and reach high.
- Part qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/AAT)
- Intermediate level MS Excel
- Experience with end-to-end finance
- Strong work ethic and a desire to learn
- A good sense of humour
Not essential but helpful:
- Experience in tech start-ups
- Practical knowledge of Xero
- The ability to scale from part-time to full-time
Trint offers a casual but motivated environment. You should have a solid work ethic and be flexible in approach; be able to work independently, within the Trint team, taking initiative and being proactive where necessary. You will work closely with the Finance Manager, the CEO and our team in our (very cool!) offices at Second Home on Hanbury Street in Shoreditch, London.
Salary negotiable + EMI option plan + benefits
Contact: Abigail Clark, Recruiting Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org