We’re unlocking the value of the spoken word.
Help us build our magic.
Who and what are Trint?
We’re unlocking the value of the spoken word.
Trint is the automated transcription platform that blows manual transcription out of the water. We take the pain out of manual transcription by applying AI to automate the process, empowering people to focus on telling stories.
At Trint we’re proud of the culture we’ve built over the last 5 years: we’re passionate about our product; we’re team players; we care about the people that use our product; we’re proud of our diverse and inclusive culture. The company has 50 employees (+ some dogs) at our HQ in Aldgate to Whitechapel borderlands, London; our North American HQ is in Toronto. We’ve just closed a £4m Series A, so we’re well positioned to reach for the sky.
Customers include: The Associated Press, The New York Times, ESPN, Vice News, The Washington Post, Thomson Reuters, Fox News, Der Spiegel, Yale University, Nike and Airbnb.
Candidates seeking employment at Trint are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, pregnancy status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds creates a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Come join our team!
Who you are:
As a hands-on Development Team Lead helping to develop cutting-edge innovations for our world-leading automated transcription platform, you will be as comfortable coaching others as you are writing code. Although you’re an awesome front-end developer you’ll be leading one of our full-stack teams, owning complete vertical slices of functionality from front-end to infrastructure.
You’ll be expected to:
- Foster a lean, outcomes-focused approach by encouraging the smallest amount of effort necessary to meet the product goal.
- Set the quality and performance bar high through empathy for design, code review, testing and writing code that can be an example to others.
- Fiercely manage scope to release incremental product value at pace.
- Work with the Product team to consider developer growth opportunities in project resourcing.
- Promote a culture of ownership and accountability – from product discovery to deployment and operation.
- Grow your team to excellence through continuous feedback, 1-to-1s and career conversations.
- Contribute your expertise and experience to further enhance our ways of working and technology evolution.
You will work with:
- The React ecosystem, Apollo and GraphQL
- Web media technologies
- GitLab and Slack for collaboration and communication
- Incredible colleagues!
You must have:
- Five or more years industry experience coding high-performance, public-facing web projects.
- Three or more years experience leading an agile software development team and managing stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of React, SPA routing, Webpack, BEM and bundle optimization.
- Experience choosing and evaluating different frameworks and approaches.
- Experience working in a cross-disciplinary environment, collaborating with others to deliver excellent results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ideally you’ll also:
- Have a presence online, on award sites or a strong portfolio of work you can talk through your work and explain your decisions..
- Have a good working knowledge of at least one server-side technology, preferably node.js
- Have some experience working with teams that include remote workers, with ideas on how to get the best from this scenario.
- Bonus points: experience in one or more of: webassembly, D3, complex SVG builds, canvas-based projects, iOS/Android development
- EMI share option scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Team events & social Fridays
- A relaxed & sociable office environment
- Flexible working
- Gym subsidy
- Office snacks
- Cycle to Work scheme
- In-house yoga
- Unlimited holiday
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income protection insurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- And more to come. We’re on the look-out for new and exciting perks that help us on our journey to becoming an employer of choice, so watch this space.
Candidates seeking employment at Trint are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will create a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Come join our team.
Salary based on experience and is negotiable
To apply please email Guppy with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 31st January 2020