We’re unlocking the value of the spoken word.
Trint is the scale-up that blows manual transcription out of the water. Our productivity platform automates the transcription process using artificial intelligence, letting users focus on extracting more value from the spoken word in big verticals like media, research and video production.
The company’s vision is shaped by its CEO and founder Jeff Kofman, an Emmy-winning foreign correspondent and war correspondent who estimates he transcribed thousands of hours of interviews, news conferences and speeches during his 30+ year broadcast career.
Team Trint is crazy passionate about our product. We’re team players, we care about our users and we’re proud of our diverse and inclusive culture. The company has 50 employees (+ two dogs) with our HQ in Shoreditch in London; our North American HQ is in Toronto. We’ve just closed a £3.5M Series A, so we’re well positioned to reach for the sky.
Customers include: The Associated Press, The New York Times, ESPN, Vice News, The Washington Post, Thomson Reuters, Fox Sports, Der Spiegel, Deutsche Welle, Yale University, Nike and AirBnB.
About the role
You’ll be a senior member of our Product Team: two UI designers, a UX researcher (you!) and our Head of Product (who has a UX background). We’re in the process of recruiting a fifth member of the team (another product person). You’ll be joining a collaborative and enthusiastic team who are passionate about building the world’s best transcription platform.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Speaking to (passionate!) customers on a near-daily basis, understanding their problems and communicating insights back to Product & Engineering teams
- Researching in an agile environment, able to deliver insights just-in-time
- Helping the Head of Product & Engineering teams validate ideas and concepts
- Working collaboratively with engineering colleagues to build the world’s best transcription platform
- Being a champion for qual & quant research and customer-led product insights
- Quickly turning ideas, conversations, concepts into simple prototypes of appropriate fidelity to test hypotheses and validate/invalidate thinking (we’re agnostic of tooling – use what suits you best!)
- Drawing upon a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques, you’ll be able to creatively work research challenges through using novel approaches when appropriate
- Ensuring that “research is a team sport” and that embedding research into the product development process delivers awesome results
- Superb researcher able to work with a wide range of personalities and customers
- Clear thinking, thoughtful, and empathetic towards people
- An ace communicator, flexible in your approach depending on the audience
- You are a lean thinker, and adept at deploying lean methodologies, testing assumptions, validating hypothesis and upskilling team members in this area
- Organised! You care about research operations and recognise the value
- Creative in research recruitment, reaching prosumer and enterprise customers alike
- Able to draw together research insights and communicate them in a clear, accurate, actionable and appropriate way to a wide range of audiences within the company
- A great facilitator, able to design and run great workshops.
Qualifications & experience
- Excellent knowledge of UX & UI principles
- Excellent knowledge of research principles and practice
- Working & researching in an agile environment
- Knowledge of research ethics, GDPR and associated issues
- Highly desirable: a qualification in Psychology, HCI, or closely related field.
Reports to the Head of Product.
- Share option scheme (EMI)
- Learning and development opportunities
- Team events & social fridays
- A relaxed & sociable office environment
- Gym subsidy
- Office snacks
- Cycle to work scheme
- In-house yoga
- 25 Day holiday allowance + bank holidays
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income protection insurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- And more to come. We’re on the look-out for new and exciting perks that help us on our journey to becoming an employer of choice, so watch this space.
Candidates seeking employment at Trint are considered without regards to gender, race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, pregnancy status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds creates a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Come join our team.
Salary + EMI options negotiable
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org