We are committed to taking all possible steps to combat and prevent slavery and human trafficking.
We are a scaleup business with headquarters in London and Toronto, delivering a revolutionary online transcription tool powered by artificial intelligence. We currently employ 43 great people and heading for 50!
Our annual turnover is under £36 million. Although we are not required to make a modern slavery statement under section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act.2015, we are making this voluntary statement to show our commitment to ethical trading principles and to set out the steps we are taking to tackle modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and in our supply chains.
We are committed to ethical trading principles and to acquiring goods and services without harm to others. We require all our suppliers and partners to comply with all applicable laws (including the Modern Slavery Act). Our suppliers and partners are predominantly based in the USA and Europe and include the likes of Amazon and Google, all of which have stated Codes of Conduct and Ethics.
To help identify and monitor the risk of slavery and human trafficking in our supply chain we:
● Question potential suppliers to identify risks of slavery and human trafficking
● Identify and review potential risk areas in our existing supply chains.
● Put processes in place to mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains.
● Only employ agency workers through reputable employment agencies that adhere to our anti-slavery and human trafficking policy (or equivalent policies).
We use the following key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure how effective we have been at ensuring that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains:
● The percentage of suppliers and contractors vetted for ethical labour practices
● Percentage of staff receiving training on identifying and addressing the risk of slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chains.
This voluntary slavery and human trafficking statement is made in connection with section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015, for the year ending December 2019.
Jeff Kofman, CEO